Change may be a fact of life, but organizations going through changes that involve loss of staff will face stressful challenges no matter how much experience they have with corporate transitions.
We understand that you want your required changes to go as smoothly as possible. You expect minimal impact on your people, productivity, and the bottom line. And your goal is for fair treatment of everyone in your organization.
Minimizing the impact of layoffs or dismissals requires an employee-centric approach delivered with compassion and professionalism. This is where our skilled Outplacement Consultants can help.
We will assist with:
- Individual and group employee dismissals
- On-site departure meeting assistance
- Staff reductions and layoffs
- Corporate restructuring, downsizing and amalgamations
- Career transition services to help your employees move forward
We understand your needs and are committed to assisting organizations and individuals manage their changes with dignity and respect. We inspire people to approach change as an opportunity to grow and develop; personally and professionally.
Corporate Change with Care and Skill
When your organization’s changes include the displacement of people, VisionPath can support you and the impacted employees at every step. Our services can help sustain and improve workplace wellness, productivity and effectiveness.
Our services include:
- Training and support for managers handling the outplacement, including our proprietary booklet Employee Termination Procedures: An Effective Approach for Managers
- Resources for the termination meeting day, including process documentation and supporting materials
- A coach present before, during and after the termination/layoff meeting
- Superior on-site job loss counseling support
- Internal and external communication about the outplacement process
- An industry-leading career transition program to support former employees as they move forward
New Direction, New Hope
Displaced employees will be able to adjust more easily and successfully to a career transition when given emotional support and practical guidance on managing change.
Our highly trained and experienced coaches offer initial job loss support by:
- Providing immediate emotional counselling after the termination meeting
- Assisting with practical matters such as filling out necessary paperwork, returning keys, gathering belongings, etc.
- Coaching on how to tell friends and family
- Keeping in close phone contact in the days and weeks that follow
- Giving encouragement, and emotional and practical support as required
We assist former employees in coping with change and developing a plan to move forward. VisionPath’s award-winning career transition program delivers career and personal change management tools including:
- Job searching skills
- Interviewing techniques
- Identification of transferable skills and work values
- Development of a complete marketing package including professional resume and cover letter
- Career interest and personality assessments to identify careers that would be a good fit
- Exploration of self-employment feasibility and start-up guidance
- New goals and strategies to achieve them
- "On-Track" coaching sessions
Participants from our career transitions program re-enter the job market with a clear direction and new hope for a career that aligns with their values, capabilities and skills.
When layoffs or dismissals occur, most of the attention goes to the displaced employee(s). However, real concern and attention must be given to those who remain within your organization who may be equally traumatized by the loss of their co-worker(s). It will be important to re-engage these individuals in the goals of the organization and to see how their contributions support its continuing success.
We support your remaining employees and ensure their engagement through:
- Helping to create an announcement that communicates the realities of the situation while reassuring them of their jobs
- Being present at announcement meetings and provide on-site support and coaching for those most impacted
- Facilitating "Managing Change and Transition" workshops for employee and manager groups
- Developing and facilitating Employee Career Development programs that can include:
To discuss your needs, contact us.